Saturday, November 2, 2013

My draft of making a poem

Writing the poem starting from scratch is the hardest thing to do. Usually in my childhood days when we were to write a poem , i just come up with words that rhymes. Though they have some themes, it usually ends up none sense , and just for the sake of rhyming. The step by step process of making a poem thought by us in humalit , was far much easier because there are things that were considered like the listing down of a process that suits your liking. Though it was still hard at first , you can easily get the idea of making a poem and the rhyming of a poem is not the whole purpose of the process. One just have to come up a very parallel set of words that is associated with the theme of the poem. My poem as told by my professor was a crap , i knew it was a totAl crap and i don't blame him. It is very hard to come up with a very deep meaning and make it simple that readers would still get the ideA of what you are saying. The thought of making a poem about making a pc is hard and was a big mistake , i could not think of a parallelism to make with a pc , though i did at the end, it was time consuming and was a drag . The process of making a pc is just putting it all together and quite repetitive . Vocabulary is also a must because if you don't have a good one , you can barely come up with words that can suite the parallelism that you are making . The exercise also gave me a very sad fact that i cant write a poem in spite of the methods and step by step process of creating a good poem but that wont hinder me in making poems because i know for a fact that it takes time and practice for a poem to be good. There are still some improvements like my vocabulary and my way of interpreting a process into a very good poem . I hope that someday and somehow i can be as good of as a poet and also be able to interpret other poems into what they really meant and hopefully someday i can also be good as the great poets that are very famous that can interpret and make poems

2 comments:

  1. I agree! The activity we used made it easier to write our poems! Not like when we were in high school where we started from scratch. But still, my poem sucks HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. The activity really did make it easier to come up with lines! :) Getting a deeper meaning into the poem, though, that was the tricky part. Even when I had my idea already, I wasn't really sure that it was getting across to the reader using the imagery I had. :(

    ReplyDelete