Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Araby Blog

Araby has quite a number of similarities when I was a child. I am pretty sure that most were like the narrator who keeps thinking about their crush because its their first. I am so much like the narrator when I was still a young boy but never in a sense of stalking the girl. The only similarities that I had was when I did not have the courage to talk even near her. Though I think that this kind of situation no longer exist because there are actually kids who already has a girlfriend or boyfriend. Most are no longer the shy ones who stalks their crush. But the poem itself has another theme which relates to faith and how the similarities of first crush and faith are quite similar when it comes to the stages of who they are formed. At first , I though that the poem was just a simple story about a boy who had a crush. It is quite simple but its effect on each person was very relocatable. Despite the story's simplistic plot, it affected everyone and I never actually have ever thought about how similar this story is to my first and how it is not only I who does this when I had my first crush. Someone also did and realize how people react with their first crush. I actually liked the story because I actually felt bad about the narrator and how pitiful the attempts of the narrator was. I myself would have done the same think and do everything I could just to make my crush happy. If was the boy and continued on the story, I would have still made an effort to buy her something despite the fact that she is using me. I would have never known that she was using me and maybe even if she was using me she might still feel bad and maybe my attempts of making her feel special would somehow change her feelings for me I would have still attempt do everything and maybe my charms would make her feel the same way as I feel about her. But for me I still cant say for sure that this girl is really a bad person maybe she just flirts that way. There are other girls who is much more worst than that and judging from the very short story , I cant really say for sure that this girl is really a bitch despite the obvious gesture she makes when she was turning the bracelet.

1 comment:

  1. I like how natural your response is as to if you were to be the young narrator in "Araby". Yes, the outlooking perspective of possible positive change to the girl may actually occur! Girls aren't always evil and one or two experiences aren't enough to prove the general conclusion that all girls are bitches. I actually would do the same thing as you would (never though that another person would do the same).

    ReplyDelete