Wednesday, December 4, 2013

In the Grove BLOG

In the grove was an epic short story because it made me feel like I am Detective Conan, you know the anime which revolves around a grown up detective became a child.Detective Conan is my favorite anime and it really makes you want to find out who really the killer is. Detective Conan always has this "aha" moment when he find the killer and find the evidence that is so well hidden , he still finds it out. The story makes me feel like I am a detective and makes me relive my times when I watch detective conan and also I always wanted to play as a detective and see how my observation skills. But unfortunately I was not even able to get what really the motive of Masago is and I didnt even notice why there were two names mentioned in the story by the mother of Masago and Masago herself. I also didnt know that the Samurai was poor which made me think that my observation skills is not even that good because there are so many parts that I missed. This makes me scared about the Final Exam about the novel "A Chronicle of a Death Foretold". My professor saud that there is a something about the accounts of the character that is a lie but when I read it I didnt notice anything. Getting back from the short story, I think that this was the story which really alienates itself apart from other short stories which is really good because it gives a different point of view characters which is just usually one. The way the structure of the short story is presented is also what makes it differ and more engaging to read. You feel like there is a sense of purpose of reading it and you have the objective to find out who really murdered the the samurai. Though some readers say that the point of the story is not to find out who the murderer is and the purpose of the story is just to portray how people lie and you can never really believe anyone to what they say. It also made me remind the movie "Vantage Point" because of all the different perspective the movie with regards to the characters. The whole movie was not even linear and the whole movie was just based from ones perspective and switches back to the other which is also true in the story of "In the Grove".

2 comments:

  1. I like your parallelism to Vantage Point - that there are always different views of a single scenario and that each person has a different take on a single occurrence. We've been tackling multiple detective themed stuff - from In A Grove, to our game Werewolves, and even Chronicle of a Death Foretold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! You related the story to the movie Vantage Point! I've never thought about that haha. I noticed that there were two names but I thought that it was just a typographical error haha

    ReplyDelete