Wednesday, September 25, 2013

2nd Humalit Blog

The poem reminded me about the events that took place when I was still a child when things past by so fast. A moment you are a child who is carefree but now you are a grown man who has everything to worry about. Leaving the childhood is somehow similar to what the poem is trying to express or argue. The poem was expressing its arguments that leaving is something that is not to be sad about or mourned. Leaving is only a small part of life and does not mean it is the end. To me I associated my childhood memories to now. Thinking about the life I had when I was a child and leaving it was such a sad experience. Though the poem was targeting it to a lover, in my case I was targeting it to my life when I was a child. Being a child meant that you are always dependent and everything just seems to be a perfect world. Leaving in that state meant that the entire perfect world is gone. Though leaving that state was a sad moment, it does not mean that it was the end. In fact leaving it made myself very strong and much more independent. So there is nothing to be sad about growing up even though times are tough these days. These memories of child hood will comeback someday and just by simply remembering those days will surely make everything better. Leaving childhood will not make me only a better man but will make me also become a better person to others. One example is just by having fun with children. This kind of experience could help myself relive the past childhood experience. Also my childhood experience could make stronger bonds with others and help myself be part of children’s lives. I may have left my childhood but I can be part of others childhood to help them grow better person. So in short, leaving a childhood have made me realize that one cannot be sad about it because leaving it would only make us a better person. Though the child physically is not me anymore, I can still relive it through past memories and engaging in activities with children. Though the poem was so deep it was able to give some past memories that made me realize how goodbyes are never the end. All of which are only temporary and can still be remembered.

1 comment:

  1. It's so witty that you were able to compare the poem to your childhood. Indeed, growing up isn't something to be sad about, rather it is an inspiration for us to make ourselves better. Just like bidding farewell, it should serve as a sign of a new beginning. Thanks for sharing, Marvin!

    ReplyDelete